PLEASE NOTE: If you registered as a single user BEFORE 24/10/14, please login here.
(£83.00+VAT). The course is active for 30 days from the payment date.
This course is worth 8 CPD hours
M&K Update have provided a classroom based courses on Radiation Protection for the past 10 years. We have developed an eLearning resource specifically for Cardiologists and Vascular Surgeons.
The course consists of three modules covering -
• Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations IR(ME)R 2000
• What is radiation
• Biological effects of radiation, risks and benefits
• Patient management, dose and its measurement
• Responsibilities of key personnel in the context of the regulations
• Duties and responsibilities of the employer, operator
• Practitioner and medical physics expert in the context of the regulations
• Justification, authorisation and optimisation of X-ray exposures
• Requirements of quality assurance systems
• Medico-legal considerations, accurate record keeping and clinical audit
• The use of interventional fluoroscopy
• Radiation exposure: Safety and precautions
• Potential hazards of radiation exposure
• Radiation protection philosophy - Principles
• Justification of fluoroscopy
• Dose reference levels (DRLs)
• Optimisation of patient dose in fluoroscopy
• Methods of reducing dose during fluoroscopy
• Golden rules of fluoroscopy / factors that influence staff dose
• Practical things you can do to reduce your dose
• Know your x-ray equipment
• Radiation protection in fluoroscopy
• Personal protective equipment
• Practical advice to minimise occupational radiation dose
• Key points for safe practice
Other requirements or having an issue booking? Just send us an email here by clicking here. Or telephoning us at 017687 73030.