Skills Training for HCAs Working in GP Surgeries
Duration: 2 Day(s)
CPD Hours: 16
Start Time: 09:15
End Time: 16:30
Practical core skills training based course underpinned with essential theory and knowledge.
Aimed at healthcare assistants who need to develop their role.
"Excellent, very helpful! I learnt a lot - thanks!"
"Fantastic tutor, very well prepared with excellent knowledge. Thank-you!"
"Best M&K course I have attended! :-)"
Past course delegates
The impact of modern lifestyles on health
New patient registration and health checks
Understanding and applied physiology of
- Coronary heart disease
- Diabetes - hypo and hyperglycaemia
- Renal disease
- Asthma and COPD
- Overview of spirometry
- Womens and mens health
- Mental health
- Health screening, common tests and procedures
- Record keeping and its importance
Practical workshops on:
Understanding and accurately recording
- Blood pressure
- Urine tests
- Blood glucose and cholesterol testing
- Peak flow
- Teaching Inhaler techniques/promoting concordance with inhaler use
- Glasgow Coma Scoring
AIMS AND OUTCOMES
- Understand the management of commonly presenting medical conditions and the significance of recording accurate diagnostic investigations.