Arterial Puncture & Blood Gas Interpretation
Duration: 1 Day(s)
CPD Hours: 8
Start Time: 09:15
End Time: 16:30
Skills training for obtaining an arterial blood sample and interpretation of blood gas results.
Due to the practical nature of the day places are limited.
"Enjoyable course. Very helpful & knowledgable tutor. Thank-you!"
"Very interesting course where you learn and improve your skills!"
"The training gave me more a positive perception in interpretation of blood gas."
Past course delegates
- Practical workshop - site selection
- Review of infection control aspects
- Inaccuracies and complications
- Arterial puncture procedure
- Getting it right, dangers and complications
- Practical workshop - technique & theory assessment
- Legal and professional responsibilities
Blood Gas Interpretation
- Arterial blood gases metabolic and respiratory acidosis and alkalosis
- Step by step guide to ABG result Interpretation
- The ABG result and its impact on diagnosis and treatment rationale
AIMS AND OUTCOMES
- Understand what ABG samples measure and how to interpret the result
- Demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy of arteries
- Perform and be aware of dangers and complications of this invasive technique
- To safely work towards competence