Introduction to Motivational Interviewing (MI)
Duration: 1 Day - Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30 - CPD Hours: 8
- Price: £170.00
A list of available dates can be found at the foot of this page.
Motivational interview is a philosophy; in addition to being a set of techniques. The aim of MI is to evoke an individuals own internal motivation in order to achieve behaviour change. Evidence exists which supports this approach as being of benefit in the therapeutic relationship.
Introductions and objectives
Defining Motivational interview – The Context of Motivational Interviewing, Key Theory of Motivational Interviewing Rationale and value of Motivational Interviewing
Addressing ambivalence - Strategies and Tools
Case Studies – using the evidence
Role play – skills development in technique
Action planning – application to role
This is an interactive workshop. The outcomes of the workshop are to enable participants to: ·
- Understand relevant theory of Motivational Interviewing
- Explore and develop skills and techniques in Motivational Interviewing
- Critically appraise strategies and tools used in support of Motivational Interviewing
- Explore ethical issues when using Motivational Interviewing
- Reflect on the application of Motivational Interviewing to the participants role/workplace.