Heart & Lung Assessment Masterclass
Duration: 2 Days - Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30 - CPD Hours: 16
- Price: £270.00
A list of available dates can be found at the foot of this page.
Places are limited as the course is highly practical. Training is enhanced with the inclusion of an auscultation trainer, practical workshops and clinical case studies.
"Would highly recommend!"
"Extremely informative - will definitely help my practice."
"Our tutor really knew his subject. I have learnt so much from this intensive course. Course was very helpful for my new job!"
Past course delegates, September 2016
Applied cardio-respiratory anatomy and physiology
Conduction system, cardiac cycle
- Using the stethoscope
- The five auscultatory areas
- Enhancement and environment
Heart sound dynamics:
- Basic heart sounds, their origins
- Electrocardiogram relationship to the sounds
- Depolarisation and repolarisation
Normal heart sounds:
- First and second sounds; third and fourth sounds
Abnormal heart sounds:
- Opening snaps; systolic ejection sounds
- Murmurs - systolic and diastolic, continuous
Arterial Blood Gases interpretation workshop
Chest X-ray interpretation workshop
- Thoracic structures and landmarks;
- Anterior, lateral and posterior chest wall surfaces
- Normal breath sounds
- Abnormal and diminished breath sounds, crackles, wheezes
Accurately recording your findings
Legal and professional considerations