Chest X-ray Interpretation Workshop
Duration: 1 Day - Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30 - CPD Hours: 8
- Price: £160.00
A list of available dates can be found at the foot of this page.
A very practical interactive workshop covering a wide range of diagnostic interpretation skills of the chest radiograph.
"Thoroughly enjoyable day!"
"Course was excellent, well presented and enjoyable!"
"Valuable foundation course enabling me to effectively consolidate."
Past course delegates, April 2016
Review of respiratory anatomy and physiology
Principals of Examination of the Chest X-ray
Reasons for radiography
- Exposure or penetration
- Degree of inspiration or respiratory cycle
Inspect 'plastic and metal' (where present) and assess whether correctly placed
- Endotracheal tube
- Nasogastric tube
- Vascular catheters i.e. central venous lines, ECMO cannula, filtration cannula
- Drains -pleural and pericardia!
- Pacemaker leads
- External leads i.e. ECG, temperature
Inspection of different anatomical parts
- Chest wall - soft tissues and thoracic cage
- Lung fields
Appearances in -
- Heat Failure
- Pulmonary Embolism
Clinical case studies workshop.