Duration: 3 Days - Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30 - CPD Hours: 24
- Price: £450.00
A list of available dates can be found at the foot of this page.
Excellent preparation for meeting 18-week targets.
A well-attended and established course this programme serves as an introduction to Pre- Operative Assessment (POA) and will assist in providing evidence-based care to improve patient outcomes. The course will appeal to nurses and allied professionals who are involved in or about to embark on pre-operative assessment service development.
"Very informative, well thought, excellent presentation - thank-you!"
"Brilliant course - loads of info!"
"Excellent course, brilliant tutor teaching relevant material."
Past course delegates, March 2015
Definitions & documentation
Professional & legal considerations
Guidelines for day surgery
Anaesthetic risk assessment - problems & management
Taking a history and informed consent
Physical examination -
- Psychological and social assessment
- Cardiovascular examination
- Respiratory examination
- Airway assessment; neck assessment
Management of clinical problems including -
- Thyroid disease
- Atrial fibrillation
Understanding of haematology and biochemistry results
Service development and clinical audit
Course Aims and Outcomes
- To develop and understand pre-operative assessment and patient management skills
- The fundamentals of taking a patient history and performing a social and psychological assessment
- Develop competent physical examination skills
- The importance of multidisciplinary team working
Course Attended By
Course Venues and Prices