Understanding Clinical Negligence
Duration: 1 Day - Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30 - CPD Hours: 8
- Price: £160.00
A list of available dates can be found at the foot of this page.
This course is for all those working in healthcare. Participants will gain a greater understanding of Clinical Negligence within UK law.
"This is a course I would recommend ALL healthcare professionals attend!"
"This course has been excellent, informative, empowering and vital! Looking forward to my next course!"
"Excellent, very interactive day with approachable, confident and relaxed facilitator!"
Past course delegates, September 2016
Practising within a professional & legal framework
Recent cases in healthcare arena around duty of care & wilful neglect
Development around duty of candour
Main contents -
- Duty of care
- Clinical negligence
- Professional duties and obligations
The purpose of the session is to raise awareness of the legal framework that applies to healthcare
The outcomes of the session are:
- The understanding of duty of care
- The understanding of basic requirements of consent for nursing and medical interventions
- An understanding of confidentiality
- A thorough understanding of ones duties and obligations and the concept of negligence