This two day programme is designed to support participants to work through the technical steps and stages as well as the more practical realities of project management. It will cover the recognised steps and stages of project management, giving participants the opportunity to bring their own projects to work through in a very practical way. The course will also cover the more challenging aspects of project management such as sustaining staff engagement, understanding and managing resistance, working across departmental and organisational boundaries.
"Fantastic course with a fantastic tutor!"
"A practical and realistic training programme which I'm looking forward to putting into practice. Thank-you!"
"I will definitely be able to prepare and plan my projects with greater confidence and efficiency in the future."
Past course delegates, April 2016
Day One - working through the process and stages of project management
What makes a successful / not successful project
Working with different project management tools:
- Initiating your project
- Building your case for action
- Developing your project initiation document
- Identifying and working with your stakeholders
- Developing your project plan and setting your milestones
- Identifying and managing the risks and issues
- Implementing and Monitoring your project
- Identifying measures to identify project success
Day Two - managing and working with the challenges of project delivery
Managing the relationships across the different stages of your project
Understanding and working with resistance
Working with difficult and challenging situations
Tools and techniques for managing your communications and staff engagement
Working with the project team to identify priorities
Interactive exercises to engage the project team in:
- Project planning
- Identifying priorities
- Taking action
All participants will receive a toolkit containing:
- Project guides and templates
- Tools and techniques that help with the people management aspects of implementing your projects.