Clinical Supervision - Training for Supervisors
Duration: 1 Day - Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30 - CPD Hours: 8
- Price: £160.00
A list of available dates can be found at the foot of this page.
For Nurses and Allied Health Professionals.
Clinical supervision is the term used to describe a formal process of professional support.
Clinical supervision provides an opportunity for staff to:
- Reflect on and review their practice.
- Develop their analytical skills
- Change or modify their practice
Definitions of clinical supervision
Models of clinical supervision
Asking open questions
Course Aims and Outcomes
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and functions of Clinical Supervision
- Understand the current context of Clinical Supervision
- Describe the various models available to support reflective practice and explain how to use them
- Develop the confidence to take on the role of supervisor
- Describe the methods of delivery i.e. one to one/group/peer
- Understand and explain the importance of keeping records (including contracts) and confidentiality
- Understand and explain the law and accountability in relation to Clinical Supervision
- Understand and explain the role and responsibilities of supervisees and supervisors
- Understand how to manage group dynamics
Course Attended By
Course Venues and Prices