Appraisal Skills Training
Duration: 1 Day - Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30 - CPD Hours: 8
- Price: £0.00
A list of available dates can be found at the foot of this page.
This course is ideal for all line managers and professionals who conduct appraisals for team members.
The focus is on the conversations you will have in appraisals and how you can make them a positive experience for you, your employee and the organisation.
An introduction to appraisal
How performance appraisal should work
The role of the appraiser
The role and contribution of the employee
Asking effective questions
Identifying development needs
Recording appraisals, documentation and IT
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of appraisal in delivering effective health care
- Understand the importance of appraisal in performance management
- Understand and explain the role and responsibilities of appraisees and appraisers
- Plan for difficult appraisals
- Set meaningful objectives