The popular 3 day programme aimed at team supervisors and managers.
"This is the first leadership course I've undertaken and I have found it interesting, thought provoking and has given me insight into management in various situations!"
"A very impressive course! I feel empowered and now have a greater understanding of the human / organisational dynamics in place at work."
"A fantastically delivered course. The facilitator was extremely knowledgable and able to present the course material in an interesting and useful way."
Past course delegates, April 2016
What do you want?
Key Learning Points (KLP)
What do you value?
Maximising your potential
Politics and power
Team roles; Leadership; Do you have the time? Essentials of time management
Managing your boss; essentials of negotiation; people at work
You in the organisation; Impact of organisational culture
Communication, motivation and rewards
Managing groups and teams; Leadership (barriers and failure)
Group, and team behaviour
Maximising people’s potential
Overcoming barriers to managing people at work
You, the job, and the organisation
Resolving conflicts at work
Networking, marketing yourself; Improving your job performance
Develop skills in managing yourself, your job and managing others.
Managing yourself - participants will have identified
- Three personal development needs
- Their team role
- The key elements of time management
- Become more confident in seeking development opportunities
Managing others – participants will be able to
- Identify effective communication techniques to successfully manage people at work
- Use appropriate behaviours to manage difficult working relationships
- Reflect on how individual managing styles affect working relationships
Managing the job/organisation - participants will be able to
- Identify own objectives
- Identify the use of power and influence
- Discuss negotiation and conflict at work in order to develop future strategy
- Reflect on the 3 days in order to develop a plan for improving job performance