Understanding Asthma for HCAs
Duration: 1 Day - Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30 - CPD Hours: 8
- Price: £160.00
A list of available dates can be found at the foot of this page.
A study day designed for HCAs who are working in a supportive role in primary care, offering care for patients with asthma. This day provides an overview of how asthma is diagnosed and managed and includes a practical inhaler delivery systems workshop.
Anatomy and physiology of the lungs
What is asthma?
How is asthma diagnosed?
Peak flow and spirometry
Treatment of asthma
Inhaler delivery systems workshop
Management of asthma and asthma action plans
Course Aims and Outcomes
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of healthy lungs
- Understand the changes that occur in asthma and the associated symptoms
- Understand the importance performing accurate pulmonary function tests
- Awareness of the different treatment options for patients with asthma
- Awareness of the various inhaler delivery systems and enable appropriate device choice for individual patients
- Ability to assess inhaler technique for a wide range of inhaler devices with individual patients
Course Attended By
Course Venues and Prices