Developing Health Care Support Workers Knowledge in End of Life Care
Duration: 1 Day - Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30 - CPD Hours: 8
- Price: £160.00
A list of available dates can be found at the foot of this page.
Providing sensitive and supportive End of Life care is an essential role for health care support workers. Dignity at the end of life is as essential component to caring for the whole person. This 1 day course will highlight the importance of providing a good death, whilst developing knowledge and skills to enhance care delivery.
Introductions and objectives
The End of Life Care Strategy
Roles and Responsibilities
Explore attitudes and beliefs about death The Good, The Bad and the Indifferent?
Cultural, Spiritual and Ethical issues
The Pathophysiology of Dying
Advanced care planning/Advanced Directives
Care after death
Bereavement and closure
This is an interactive workshop with a mixture of bite sized theory and small group work. The outcomes of the workshop are to enable participants to -
- Understand key policy and legislation in End of Life Care.
- Explore the caring/supportive role.
- Discuss the concept of a good death and attitudes towards dying.
- Explore ethical dilemmas in End of Life Care.
- Understand and recognise the dying phase and care of the individual after death
- Reflect on the impact
- End of life to the health care support worker, carers and relatives.